Stagnant Transformation

sitting happily complacent
my stability so content and stagnant

Jesus declares "oh what a tragedy!
I will never leave you where you are
receive My firm but gentle push"

humbly i submit
humbly i bow
humbly i pray
humbly I need....

forward movement despite reluctance
cleansing when I think nothing's wrong
renewal despite self righteous pride
Grace transforming my stubborn self
and moving me beyond my fragile dreams



Hope must empower us; to pray, take risks and for action. If it doesn't; the Kingdom of God within us becomes a meaningless, sterile contemplation.

Comments

Wozza said…
bro, love this - I think this is what God is doing in me. Hard to tell the space between recovery + stagnation!!! Bless you!!

Popular posts from this blog

Homelessness in Chicago VS Homelessness in Auckland

The Eclectic Path of an Outreach Worker: Reaching Out to Those Experiencing Homelessness!

The God of Outcasts